Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's All About the Bold Lip



I'm not always the biggest fan of wearing bright colors. Black is my mantra during the fall and winter seasons (in the spring and summer, too). Because of this, I have become obsessed with switching up my pout. It is crazy how a change of lip color can change the entire vibe of an outfit. Of the dozens of lip colors I've tried, these beauties best compliment my coloring and add dimension to absolutely any outfit. Below are my descriptions of the lip colors I have chosen:

MAC Ruby Woo:
This was my first "big girl", bold lipstick that I ever bought and it is still one of my all-time favorites. This lipstick has a matte finish and is a beautiful red with a blueish undertone. This lipstick is long wearing, but it is absolutely ESSENTIAL to smother your lips with a lip balm before using this bad boy. This is the most drying lipstick I own, but the color is so fantastic that I can look past that. 

BITE VIB Rouge:
I am so obsessed with this color. Unfortunately, you need to be a VIB Rouge at Sephora to get your hands on it, so its not available to everyone. It makes me feel pretty special when I'm wearing it though, knowing that I am a part of that exclusive crew. It is a bright red and has a creme finish. It glides onto the lips beautifully. I don't know what it is about this shade, but I can't stop wearing it.

MAC Rebel:
This is the perfectly subtle vampy lip. It is a dark wine color that stays on your lips FOREVER. This lipstick has a satin finish, and is much brighter on than what your see in the tube.

NARS Volga:
This lip-color is ultra-matte, ultra dark, and oh-so-vampy. Mango butter is included in the formulation of this lipstick to provide hydration. It is still towards the drier side, but much more moist than most mattes that I have tried. I would recommend applying a balm before applying this lipstick. The slim design of the tube feels so elegant in the hand.

DIOR Riviera:
Orange. A color I've always been intrigued to try, but not quite to it's full potential. This lip color is the perfect compromise. Between completely sheer and complete coverage, I would put Riviera at a fifty percent. The color is uber moisturizing and provides the perfect shine.

MAYBELLINE Vivid Rose:
This lipstick has a honey nectar formula that moisturizes the lips. I would describe the shade as a vibrant fuchsia, infused with a very dark pink. It feels creamy and hydrating, and even after worn for a while, a pink tint is stained to the lips.

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment